Caldwell Homes is a luxury home builder in College Station and Houston. We are seeking a Builder to add to the team. The Builder is responsible for managing the production of new homes for our customers. This would include, but not limited to, understanding the details of each product under construction, schedule management of all appropriate vendor partners, validating construction in relation to construction drawings and state and local building codes, communicating with customers and prospects on the technical operations of their home and the construction process.
This position for Caldwell Homes includes representing our luxury brand , fostering a positive atmosphere for customers and prospects and the Team, promoting effective and timely communication with our customers and vendor partners and supporting an empathetic approach to customer service. This role also requires a proactive problem solver who walks each home under production on a daily basis, is engaged with vendor partners on quality execution and schedule management and ensuring that our brand promise is delivered on a daily basis.
- Manage the day to day field activities to ensure that schedule completion is met and construction standards are achieved.
- Maintain a clean and safe building area.
- Follow our Company Safety Program and ensure all vendor partners also comply with our Safety Program.
- Effective utilization of our Integrated Homebuilder Management system to document and manage construction schedule, vendor payment authorization, and vendor substantial completion activities.
- Verify all work is executed to agreed upon expectations and work professionally with our vendor partners to address issues
- Manage all sub contract agreements, purchase orders, change orders and vendor product documentation to ensure all required paperwork is completed, retained and provided to our customers as required.
- Maintain daily activity logs and technical inspection reports, as required.
- Follows the communicated dress code.
- Supports the efforts of the Design Center Interior Design Specialist to ensure that customer expectation of the selection process is established prior to their visit and ensure that the customer experience is excellent.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Construction Management or related field of study
- Demonstrated success in new home construction of at least 2 years
- Willingness and ability to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer Proficiency and ability to learn new programs
- Working knowledge of State and Local building codes
- OSHA Certification
Must be willing to travel to Bryan/College Station, TX, Willis, TX and Cypress, TX.
- Passion for construction and desire to build a high quality home
- Ability to understand our product and service and articulate effectively to vendor partners and prospects
- Ability to listen to customer needs and wants and translate our product and service to meet their wants and needs
- Ability to understand sequencing of work and the ability to manage through execution issues during the construction process
- Ability to understand work with diverse vendor partner base on scheduling, safety and production execution
- Passion for safety and the ability to engage vendor partners to ensure a safe production site
Critical Thinking Skills
- Strong problem solving skills that involve a bias to work within an established system in order to get results
- Ability to prioritize tasks and activities to ensure that high probability opportunities are addressed first
- Is goal oriented and can react quickly to challenging circumstances and achieve the desired end results
- Is proactive, plans well and addresses problems quickly
- Is committed to doing high quality work the first time with little or no need for re-work
- Works to meet or beat community goals and objectives
- Works to meet goals and work with the team to address weaknesses that are impacting results
- Has a bias toward action and an impatience toward those that lack focus and or the ability to achieve desired results
- Is proactive, looks for problems that could impede progress and relentlessly takes responsibility for solving them
- Aggressive but fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving prospects, customers, vendor partners and co-workers
- Effective communicator, active listener, recognizes diverse perspectives and is capable of facilitating synergy and collaboration
- Polite, conversational, self- confident, comfortable to be with and non -assuming
- Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manages them to a successful conclusion
- Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third party
- Embraces life-long learning and industry practices